Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Vindication Baby!

Hi there!

I just started this new blog. Basically my idea is to make a different blog for my online roll as Pathological Case is turning into somewhat my personal blog. I will still post livegames and a bit more personal stuff there.

For this blog, I took another approach. First of all, those who have read my blog, know that my "career" has been a rollercoaster. I originally started with $6 about a year ago and I've managed to grind it out to something like $3000, most of which I've cashed out in several occasions. I played Fixed Limit most of the time, but I've been making a transition into No Limit. I currently play NL50 properly rolled.

Second, this one will concentrate mainly on my roll building project. My goal for the entire year is to make it to NL400. Basically, with 30 buy-ins as I want to be safe and secure (Also one of the things that people might probably know about me is that I'm a bankroll-management enthusiast). So... 30 buy-ins for NL400 is $12000, so I round it to $10000 to be exact. In fact, this was my goal last year when starting out poker, playing Limit - not to get to NL400, but to get to around $10k. I quickly learned that I had a lot to learn about the game AND of the emotions involved with the game.

In the beginning I was pretty open about my bankroll - at some point, I changed it to not talking about it for a while, mainly because I was doing really really good. Now I'm going to open up about it again. Basically what I'm here to do is, track my process of climbing up towards the goal, but also Posting some hands I think are interesting (No. This doesn't include bad beats. In fact, I'm still on a bad beat embargo - meaning I won't post any bad beats anywhere. It used to be a bad habit of mine and I've gotten rid of it, excluding occasional bitchin' but that doesn't include the use of PokerHand.org).

I hope I can get some feedback from those who find this process interesting. I will concentrate on analysis on my style and play and I will make (at least) weekly updates on how I'm doing. So here's the initial place to start with:

Current Date: 2006-04-20 (Thu)
Current Bankroll: $1165
Current Stakes: NL50/23 buy-ins
Moving up at: $2000/20 buy-ins

I will also try to be very critical about my own mistakes (which come plenty at times) and thus, many of my hands will be those which I lose or feel I misplayed - or of course, am uncertain of.

So the goal is set - I'm not going to obsess about it, but God knows I'm going to thrive for it. So from now on, my only set goal is to play non-result oriented gooood poker, hoping I will make it to my goal by the end of the year. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home