Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Monday, April 24, 2006

An Hour Late, A Dollar Short

Alrighty, so I had a GOOOD session of about 700 hands today. Not too long, but this is how I try to keep it to play my absolute best for all times. Today it really seemed to work and I caught a bunch of good cards at good times. I won a lots of blinds with AA, a few of the bigger pots came with KK. Besides that, I won a few all-ins with players doing either bad bluffs or valuebetting their worse hands.

At best, I was up nearly 5 stacks, but after getting beat out of a few pots, I was up at 4 buy-ins and decided to call it a session. I won a lot of pots with continuation bets as well as firing the second barrel on turn. Lots of raising against weak bets also earned me many pots with virtually nothing or something very little on flops.

I had one hand I feel quite uncertain of and I posted it at LiquidPoker.net Hand Discussion forum. I feel I played the hand a bit weakly at points (flop, maybe turn), but I feel it wasn't horrible either. So get over there and give some feedback on what you think.

On a sidenote, I've loosened my image some. I think I'd be rated as SLAA or LAG right now as I started to abuse position more and more, inspired by some random publications. *snork*

It's not all roses and sunshine though - yesterday night I played, being a bit tired, some sngs. Granted I had some horrible luck, but I did a couple of abismal plays too and ended up bubbling in 4/5 - Heh. Gosuness. And I was second in the heads up match in the 5th. Luckily enough, some of them were only $11 and I ended up down total 3 stacks in $22. Not bad. I added up two $10.5 HU matches, as well as one Omaha Hi/Lo $5.25 HU. I won the omaha one and lost both Hold'em ones. One was actually quite funny, I lost K7 to K8 with the kicker on AKKxx board.

So to give some idea where I'm at, here's a now-to-be-weekly status report:

Current date: 2006-04-24
Last report: 2006-04-20
Current bankroll: $1370
Current stakes: NL50/27.5 buy-ins
Result: +$205
Moving up at: $2000/20 buy-ins

I'll keep ya posted ^^ Also had very good tournie live, but more about that in "Pathological Case".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home