Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

$22 SnGs

I think I shouldn't play these yet. I feel a bit uncomfortable losing many in a row as it really seems to hurt although it's not big deal. I lost about 6 buy-ins straightup, 1 of them being from two 6-max $13 sngs. I caught one third place, then another third place and finally one second place. I went into final HU 2.5-to-1 chiplead, even got it to like 3.5-to-1, but then I lost some preflop raised pots and finally doubled him when I flopped open-ender with overcard and backdoorflushdraw. He flopped top pair king kicker and a higher backdoorflushdraw and the backdoor flush draw got there. Personally I would've loved to hit my straight and no flush would've came. After that I just got ravaged. Next to last hand was when flop came A66 and he wasn't convinced I had ace when I reraised him. He pushed and I couldn't call and he showed QQ. Well played by him.

I'm playing one SnG as I'm playing this. This is the last one for the session, win or lose. If I win the whole thing, I think I'm about even for the day. If I don't make it to the money, I'm down total of about 5 buy-ins. Either way, this is the second losing session in these semi-nightly ones after doing lots of school work the whole day. I think I'm a bit tired, but I also think these might be a bit out of my comfort zone and thus, I'll concentrate on playing NL50 since I've developed my game there a lot recently. As for SNGs, I think I'll keep to the $11 ones until I have enough roll to move up a level. So it's $11 and NL50 for me until $2k. I might have busy day tomorrow so there won't be much gamin' then.

Heh I had to add this. The last one ended up being a mess. I almost died, first hand I played really was TT, I reraised a raiser all-in. He thought for very long time and called with AQs. Of course I lost but I was left with 80 chips. Blinds were 50/100 and I forcedly went all-in from BB with AKo, I doubled. The very next hand I doubled from SB with K4o vs JJ, and doubled a few more times and I was actually back in the hunt. Never big stack, actually lowest or second lowest for long time. It went into the bubble and it was a PAIN. There were like 10000000 all-ins, some of which were mine. Big stack with AA vs low stack with 99, low stack gets 9 etc. It just never seemed to end. Finally I went all-in with flush draw against top pair and didn't get there... I think that was a misstep though. I was BB with 78s and SB minraised, I called, flop KJx, he pushed right away. The pot was 800 +1300 chips or so I figured it was as good as any to double up or die as I'd have nice stack if I won. Well his KQ held up and I'm out. But it was mad - I got so good cards for a while, I thought it was destined to be! Too bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home