Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Short report

I tried grinding some über micro low stakes for a while on sunday, but that just got me mad. There's no point in it and I will never ever do it again. Yesterday I played some on Poker Heaven, I have 15% of the bonus cleared now and I ended up over a buy-in. So basically I'm up on Poker Heaven now as well since my initial deposit. Not that much, but it's better than being down.

A few observations on Boss Media games... The games seem fairly weaktight with a few übercalling stations in there. I feel a bit uncomfy because of the client, but it's not that bad of a place to play. Also, perhaps it was just luck, but people seem to be very very passive tight. While I like pushing them around, it's just a slow grind. Some people did dubious moves like checkraised all-in with KK on A87 board when I held A8 and stuff like that, but mostly it goes "Preflop: Raise, call call call, Flop: c-bet, fold fold fold" kind of hands. Also one note - many players didn't reraise KK preflop. I think of the shown hands I was up against 3 KK yesterday, two I outdrew (well it's not like it's my fault they're just calling with them) and one outdrew my AJ on Axx board. Here's the hand. Basically I did the rivercall based on my initial read. Anything that I had beat on the flop that he'd call the bet with, I would also beat on the river. Well except that KK of course.

One hand I felt a bit uncertain of my line was this one. Basically, limped pot, he could have variety of hands. I got really bad feeling when he raised me on turn when the flush card came. Apparently many people play overaggro on limped pots when there's really no need. I figured to go on calldown mode since I probably wouldn't make too much money from a non-flush hand and I don't wanna go broke in a limped pot when there's no certainty I'm the best hand. I guess it's pretty close desicion between pushing turn or calling down. River I obviously can't raise, the pairing of the board also worried me some more.

General level of the players is quite low which is good of course. They're just bad in different ways that I'm used to by playing stars. Many players overplay their marginal hands or call down with hopeless holdings, some are just extremely weak tight. The level of play is lower than on stars but then again this might have something to do with table selection as well. Many of the European players in the 5-max games seem to be set farmers and they're quite easy to read.

So after I get the rest 85% of my bonus done, I'll wait out the rakeback to come and then move to UB. The client is ought to be good and I will spend quite some time clearing out the bonuses & the rakeback there and then it's time for FTP. I might change the order in the days to come, but this is my initial plan. There's also some super sweet promotion at Mansion Poker where you basically bet $1.1k on some sports team and if you lose, Mansion Poker will refund your $1.1k - it's quite sick. But I'm too lazy and too marginally rolled to pull that money together without investing too big portion of my roll for the duration of the bet + I'm lazy. So I probably won't do it. ^^

Oh and if you're interested in ~30% RB + $200 any deposit bonus, mail me to muhweli@gmail.com. Not much else goin' on at the moment... School starting and rectal bleeding is yet to come.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home