Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Late at night...

Yea so I wrote a long post and my comp crashed at the end of it. Basically my sessions have been concentrating on the nights now since days are just too bright and nice outside to playing poker all the time. Also school has been keeping me occupied for quite a while now. Winter passed over night and you can go outside in a t-shirt with piles of snow still existing here and there. It's pretty sweet.

So to the point, yesterday I had a +1 buy-in cashgame session after losing to turbos. In fact, I'd be very nicely up for the week if I hadn't played the SNGs, but well, I think I played okay so there's no point in being result oriented about that. Today I had +2 buy-in cashgame session - I started with -2 buy-ins with the combination of bad luck and bad play, but cards started hitting and although I know I wasn't playing to my full potential, I still managed to squeeze out a profit of nearly two buy-ins, averaging almost 10 PTBB/100. Sweet. So, one more of these sessions and I'll be back where I was on monday roofles. I did trade away some money and also spend it though, so it hasn't all been downfall for me, but most money was lost at the Sit'n'goes, both $6.5 and $22 alike. I have found a new interest in cashgame again, at some point they felt a bit dull, and that throve me to playing SNGs and stuff, but now I feel like I am improving and understanding the cashgame aspects more deeply so it should be fun to pay some attention to that too.

I don't know how much time I'll have to play in the coming days/weeks, hopefully enough to reach NL100 by the beginning of the summerjob (which is late may/beginning of june). Would be fun - either way, after the "summer" starts, I will have more time to play and don't have to stress about endless exams. Also the weathers will be nice so I intend to actually chill and just lay back in the sunshine for the summer. Last summer when I begun playing poker, some of my sessions were like 14 hours long, I think this summer, I'll concentrate on the quality instead of amount as my obsession is turning into well controlled profession. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home