Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Friday, April 28, 2006

Horrible day!

Worst day in ages. Best part of it is that I didn't quit while I got back a bit (to -3 buy-ins). Anyway after 1800 hands and -5.5 buy-ins, I decided that I'm too tired to keep on playing and it just seems I'm going down and down. At least I can say with pure heart that at least 3-4 buy-ins of that was just downswing, my kings ran into aces a couple of times and my AKs couldn't held up against total loonies AJo, even when I flopped a flushdraw and no jack. I didn't make many questionable moves today so I didn't do much tilting. Still, too bad. I hope to pick up some wind under my wings in the weekend, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I'm back exactly $1000 now. There are a few possibilities to go from here, I probably try out some small session tomorrow, if it goes good, I will keep playing tomorrow and sunday. If it goes bad, I might try nutpeddling Omaha or quit poker all together for the weekend. It really looks like it's going to be a down week (Which wouldn't be so true if I hadn't played those wreched SNGs).

I won't stop concentrating on cashgames though, usually this makes me want to make the shift over to SNGs and stuff - I try to stay with NL Hold'em or Omaha cashgames. Omaha is always easier when running bad, although swings are bigger there, it's less reading people more playing the cards on the low limits so I won't be "making bad moves". Anyway, until next time :)

[Update] Saving sessions... Well I decided to go to nutpeddle some Pot Limit Omaha and it worked out fine. I had one full ring NL table open and one Pot Limit Hold'em table for a while, but those just added my loss ratio. I lost a little at Omaha too at first, but soon hit a veeery nice run, hitting massive flops and getting paid off huge - in the end, I think I got over $150 profit out of them - which nets $100 of this session as I lost about $50 in Hold'em games... Yeah, suuucks. I did flop monsters though, but apparently guy calling a raise and a reraise preflop with 87o can infact outdraw set of kings.

Here's my list of top 5 losers of the day:
1. KK -$106.05 (Ran into aces or got outdrawn by lower pairs)
2. AKs -$70.20 (This was kinda because of the loonie who outdrew me with AJ)
3. AJs -$61.55 (Lost biggish pot to turned 3-outer and two pair to rivered flush)
4. AKo -$45.30 (I seriously have to stop putting low stacks all-in with this)
5. QQ -$41.15 (I reraise guy with A6o on 332 flop, he feels it's necessary to catch the ace on turn)

Mmmmyea, these are the quality hands that earned me my loses today. Not to make it sound like whine, here's top 5 winners:
1. AJo +$66.45 (Won with trip jacks against tilting guy with ten high, and also a few top pair hands)
2. 99 +$57.35 (Four words: Nines full x2)
3. QJs +$46.20 (Don't play KK like this guy did)
4. KQo +$45.80 (One nutstraight & one top pair)
5. TT +$39.60 (One set of tens, also lost one pot without which this would be #3)

Yea so the losses were bigger than the big wins. I had some potential situations today, but it just didn't work out - nobody flopped anything when I had sets mostly (I had like all my few weeks sets today...) and I didnt get paid off big - I did get called with low pair no kicker though when I was c-betting missed AK on two streets. ^^ Monster reads.

Anyway, I feel a lot better now and I don't have to cry myself to sleep. I will try to get more in the game tomorrow, now it's late, i'm exhausted and feeling okay. Good night people, good night!

1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Durandal said...

vihree kettutyttöblog... en tykkää :((

 

Post a Comment

<< Home