Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Better games, worse performance

Aight, games were PARTICULARLY good today. All tables were FLOODING with calling stations! Well, I got anally ravaged in the beginning, built it back, got ravaged again. These guys were art - they called pf raises with 47o, then PS c-bets with their flopped gutshots etc.

I did do a bad calldown there though after he hit, but I think it was still -EV for him. As for other stuff, there were this kinda nice hands. He played it like a champ. There were few huge fishes I got to abuse and I noticed that overbetting is very very effective on this site since people will just call you down. I dunno if they think their ace high is good enough for all-in with no pair and no draw. Like this guy here. Also their floatin' was art.

Nice call sir. I called the river because I believed it was fairly reasonable that he'd have a hand like T9 or 9x without the straight - turns out his draw was much better than that! Oh wait! The level of play continued to amaze me. Here's also a great turn call by this champion.

I'm sure you get the idea. But I did donk some, I grant you that. I didn't take them too seriously in a few occasions. I continued to ignore the fact that I wasn't reraised preflop today. A few minraises but those were fairly easy to get rid of postflop. Like one hand I had QQ, I raised, someone from blinds called. Flop came like J42 and he lead for half the pot. I was confused so I only called his bets down and he showed AA. :( I also stacked with one TPTK against one a bit shorter stack (well I didn't stack, but I doubled him and he was like $30 stack) when he did the same with AA.

I hope the games will continue to be this soft, it was just sweet. But I need a lot more patience as the only way to outplay these poker savants is to valuebet them to death and I paid extra attention to that towards the end. After the bonus, I ended down around 2.35 buy-ins. With the rakeback that'll round to 2 buy-ins. With all the RB that's coming, it all rounds to being less than one buy-in down from this whole thing this far. 35% of the bonus is now done and I'm glad that that's the case. If I can keep clearing at this rate, I'll be done somewhere next week - I might even be able to play more on the weekend.

HOWEVER! My plan is to try some PLO8 and PLO tomorrow, maybe with $25 buy-in (big average pots and retarded opponents). That's because I just want to get this stupid thing over with and players in those are lot worse plus the games are more simple in so many ways it's just easier to know where you're at at all times. One thing that also crossed my mind was full ring NL, but with this client, my anus might start bleeding too hard since I'd have to play more than 3 tables and it's a pain in the ass as it is. I hope UB will not disappoint me! I'll be happy if I make at least marginal profit from this whole thing instead of like going broke or something. Heh.

The thing about PLO and PLO8 though is that I think it's a lot harder to have long sessions in those games since it's even more mechanical on the lower stakes than it is higher. You'll get bored, maybe frustrated and on a bad day, you lose even with good game on top of that (Well that's the case for all poker games ofc - least for O8 probably since the players are so horrendous).

So. I will try this tomorrow in PLO8$50 and PLO$25 tables or so and see how it goes. If I get ravaged, I think I might combine my rolls (current roll is underrolled for NL50 even), but I've been using a collective count since I can cashout some sites and combine and I'm still above danger limit for NL50 (although less than 20 buy-ins).

Yup. Son of a god damn bitch, god bless america! Fuck me to god damn tears!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home