Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Come Clarity!

Two bad sessions later I learned that I had been playing like CRAP. I took one day off and got back into the felt today, refreshed and feeling good. Results also came as within first three hands I had lost 1.2bi, in other words $60. That wasn't going to be the trend though since little after I pooshed with AJs on Kxxfd board (had NFD and over) and got called by KQs (no fd), I started running hawt. Here are the couple of draw hands I did I played fairly well:

The session starter. I talked about this in 2+2 and I really have to just call the flop. People who checkraise don't often just smile and go away. Lost a stack in the same setup a couple of days back. Board was paired, but the hands were exactly the same and I got called by just top pair second kicker.

This one, I called because I wanted the other short stack to get it in and I didn't want to scare him since him off (I'm drawing to nearly nuts so I want all the munies I can get in the pot.

I had this huge donative guy in my table, here are the three hands that I played against him (the big pots that is). Here they are.

The first one. In this one I had to think my decision through. Even though he was giving me reasonable odds, he also could've been valuebetting an actual good hand. I used my timebank, looking through the earlier big pots he played and found out that he was prepered to fire out quite light - say for example a Jack. So AJ was really my only concern here.

The second one. This one I could've raised river probably, but again, I thought he might've learned from the last hand. Instead I learned that he doesn't learn.

Last and probably the least, the third one. And voi'la, he was broke. And I had neat stack.

Also I made one very pro-move, here. Basically I had KK in another table and thought "hey, let's reraise" and did it on wrong table. Talk about not concentrating totally. Noticed when the cards were coming down that I was in a $40 pot with Q4o that went in preflop. Yay, me.

There were a few semi-funky hands today also, that I won or lost, but I think that were at least marginally interesting.

Here's one silly AK where I though isolation push wasn't necessary - it just ended getting me big bunch of value.

Symphathetic donator #2 decided that it was good time to bluff on the river.

Then there was this two hand serie where I could've won the pot, but I think I played it correctly either way since the bad position, ugly flop and amount of players.

KK getting mucho callers, woot is goin' on? Afterwards they were talking in the table and said that the other guy (UTG) had TT - he was 60/30/3 or something, so I wonder why he didn't raise TT up. Perhaps he was lying. The pusher said he had 99. No idea of the last person, but that's really ugly spot to be in and I would've rather had it HU or even 3-way so I could've C-bet.

The very next hand to that was this. The pusher was the same guy who folded the river in the last one so I figured it to be probable frustration bet or smaller pair perhaps, but turned out I was horribly wrong. Still think it's often times the correct play against such opponents.

And last but not least, perhaps weak play by me. Generally weak lead means next to nothing hand, such as overcards and you don't need a big raise to take it down and people aren't apt to 3-bet it unless they really have the gewds. I have the position so I can control the potsize pretty well. In retrospect, making it like $7 or $8 would've probably scared him off better and kept him from drawing. I had a "small pp" vibe from him and river (being so weak) was almost automatic call for me. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but I could imagine this being TT- or AK/AQ a lot of the time. After my comment, ("Wow :D") he said that "you have to take risks". I guess it's good mentality for such players to have. *gigglefart*

Anyway, I seem to have gotten a grip again and got my game back on track. I will keep it up as well as I can and tomorrow I actually plan on going to a lecture. Wow. That'll be "fun". I don't have many courses this period but the ones I have, I really think I have to study for. Mostly because it's this economy blibber blabber. Fancy names for simple things, just gotta know them and with zero motivation, it's... well... challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home