Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's so pretteeeehh

My bankroll is growing. Although this week I've only played 3k hands this far with only a moderate winrate, it's going swell. Monday was a slight minusday (2.7bi or so), but yesterday's +4bi in 400 hands pretty much compensated for it. Today, I took up an up of around 1bi and I'm currently playing the 3+R for fun. The $100 bonus cleared and my roll is showing $13xx again so I'm ahead of "schedule". As for this week, i'm only up around 2 full buy-ins so it's nothing special thusfar.

Today could've been better, I lost a few keypots to some ridiculousness, but the biggest was against a crazy lagtard newbie. Basically I ended up saying "a bad word" after the hand - which ofc wasn't a bright thing to do in general, but it spawned a pretty funny conversation. So here's the hand. Basically this hand was very very read-dependant. The guy was ~50/40, but quite passive postflop. As for his previous reraises, he had reraised with A3o, A6s and 66 (these are the ones that went to SD). Obviously his range was very wide and I had less than 100 hands of him.

So I did call him something silly in the temporary frustration and here's a funny piece of the conversation:
DonnyT76: "implied pot odds JO and It's 50/50 not 90%"
Muhweli: "you have 0 implied odds in preflop AI sir"
DonnyT76: "you're wrong"
Muhweli: "Okay :)"
DonnyT76: "you must have me mistaken with others, I can actually play cards friend"

Weeeeell, whatever. It found it quite hilarious! ;D And I don't want to hear that "Don't educate the fish" thing, it's not my standard procedure, went back to breakeven after this and it felt silly. Momentary insanity.

In the unlikely event of 3+R deep money finish, I will make another post here about it. Currently I have to maintain reasonable winrate through-out the rest of the month, but it looks like I don't even have to go into mad lengths to get to NL100 unless I tilt (which I won't) or run horrible (which I might).

On the bright side, it seems that I've finally learned to concentrate on the essentials of the hand. Whenever I lose a bigger pot in a hand to whatever, I make notes on the players and I generally have preeeetty detailed notes on each player in the table. This far, although it might be just temporary fluctuations in the luck space continuum, it has shown magnificent results. Of the last 9 days, I've only had 2 losing ones (both around 3bi).

This just came in:
Dealer: Game #6597266037: Muhweli wins main pot (11650) with a pair of Aces

Blinds 15/30. First hand I played. I guess this might be a tournie afterall.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home