Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sweet October!


I haven't made any posts for a while and I've been running like a cheetah on fire for the last few days. Actually for the whole month. The days have varied between +1bi and +6bi. I recently moved back to NL50 and I've gotten to four figures quite smoothly this week. If I played perfect poker, I'd probably be up more. I'm getting there. I feel that as each session passes, I make less and less mistakes. I did a few funky calls recently, like calling an overbet AI from some guy on river with unimproved AKo etc. But I've failed to get rid of AA on two occasions - on one of them I actually gave away more than I would've by just calling. These guys have both been like 70/10/1 calling stations who have minraised on turn on paired boards after calling preflop raises with funky hands. Besides that, there aren't too many funky mistakes. I've been hitting good hands and getting paid of better than I thought was possible.

For the longest time I felt my monsters never get paid off, I've improved my game in huge leaps for the past few days, reading and posting hands to 2+2 and playing more than I usually have. I've averaged over 1k hands a day and I wish to do that for the rest of the month. Yesterday I played a bit shorter sessions as it seemed like I was hitting every hand. Then it started feeling a bit chilling, I got bad beat and beat in a few hands and I felt I might be going into this winner's tilt-mode a bit so I decided to quit it a session. Today, fresh and refreshed I came back to the felt and after a bit rough beginning, I was soon up a couple of buy-ins again, 2.5 to be exact. Then I got outplayed in a few pots and decided that I wouldn't need to continue for today, I got in over 1k hands anyway, so it's all good.

One great thing I've come to realize, besides running hot, is that I'm playing so much better when I'm not in the post-work coma. My environment is complitely stressfree and I sleep good nights and play when I'm at my best. Not after 8 hours of "work". I'm a bit ahead of schedule for the month as I was counting on 5 PTBB/100 winrate to take me to my goal and for the last 5.5k hands, I've been doin' 12 PTBB/100, even higher in the 1700 hands of NL50. I don't know exactly how much I will be able to play this weekend though, I will be heading home. But I think I can get some hands in, playing from my laptop. I might take it a bit easier and concentrate on grinding next week. I've been mainly 4-tabling instead of my normal 3-tabling system and it has been working out pretty nicely. I dunno if I'm yet ready to add tables.

If this pace would keep up to even close of what it's currently going with, I would be in NL100 in a next week's weekend. Which is nice. All good things will come to an end though, I just hope this won't be coming to an end before NL400. Ship it! Mentalitywise, I feel I've gotten a lot better grip at the game. My first session last saturday (not this month yet) was longish and losing (ended down 2bi in NL25). But I felt I played good and didn't feel disappointed at all. The next day I ended up only around $9. After that, "heaven broke loose".

I still have 1/3 of the bonus to clear which will add a neat $100 to my BR. I still have some of the Poker "Heaven" bonus to be claimed, but I expect that I won't claim it any day soon, the client just pissed me off. The players are bad though, so maybe I will deposit there some day. At the moment my plan is to grind on Stars for quite a while (since no point moving to Party anymore...).

So with brink of hope in my eye, I look to break through and finally make it. The time of reckoning is now! Repent sinners! October brings great promises of the riches to come - I just hope the anti-legistation in the US won't shatter these dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home