Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Immortality! Take it... It's yours!

"Without the Dark, there can be no Light
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth
Without the War, there can be no Victory
Without the Hope, there can be no Future"

Life's good.

Basically, my last week was a fiaskoish. I played total of around 7.5k hands during the week. Only played 5 days so I played more than 5k hands I was going to. In the end, I ended up around breakeven for the week, slightly up. That was sad. But I know I made some mistakes, and had baddish run too. Only in the beginning of one session I did HUGE mistakes, such as bluffing against a set. I haven't done big bluffs the whole month (well at least not failing ones) and I had no reason to go on doing them now. I did them in the beginning of some sessions, probably costing me around 2bi total.

Yesterday I realized that I play badly against LAGs. Good or bad. I get too anxious to get my stack in the middle and conveniently enough, I managed to lose around $175 yesterday to this kind of crap. Mostly stuff like 99 against TT, QQ against KK etc. One pot was for $80 or so - my faults anyway. I ended around break even for the day, slightly up. Today I ended up around $120 so that totals ~+$200 for the week this far. That's bit less than my schedule, but that's only my fault.

Overall, I've been doing good, my goal is to make it to NL100 this month and basically I need 11 buy-ins more for that. Averaging around one buy-in per day should do it. It's so great to know you're playing good and notice when you're not! To realize your mistakes and advance to the next level. I'm learning more and more every day, playing much and playing when I'm awake and concentrated. In my "poker career", I've probably learned more during October than I have the whole early year.

One thing that has improved most is my mentality towards the game. I don't care so much for the results of the hands, but rather the ways they're played. This is of course what should be done and what I've thought I understand, but until this month, I don't think I had really gotten it earlier. This is probably the biggest improvement on my game. And I have had losing days, some of them considerable - that would've set me on tilt before this month. I used to take breaks after those days - now I haven't and I'm doing good. Why? Because I don't care about it anymore. Ignorance is bliss.

I think that's probably the most important thing for a player to learn. Everything else probably comes to you, but the mentality is the hardest to master.

All good. This week will bring great things in the coming days and I trust that I can make my run at NL100 by the end of the next month.

A friend of mine suggested that I will make a video when I first move to NL100. I MIGHT make one earlier (probably not), but it's really a good idea. When you analyze the hands as you play them, it's a lot harder to make big mistakes and hasty plays. Perhaps someone will get a laugh of it too. I will probably try to do it in english, but dunno how easy it will be to get over the fact that "you're doin' it to yourself".

Reaching for the heavens above!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home