Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Everyone does it!

Yeah, worst day in my history yet. This all pushypushy draw thing sucks ass, not going to do it again. Did it twice, aka -$120. Also pushing with ace high flush turned out to be a bad idea as river brought boats, straightflushes and quads to my opponents. Omaha didn't go that well either, just shit in my mouth. So I took a hit of roughly $400 I think. This means I'm back roughly at where I was 1st of March. My NL50 after 16k hands is breaking even - well +$30. My NL25 after 3k hands is down like $300, but that I admit into being partially tilt. PLO has been the carrying force keeping me afloat and has compensated for the losses at NL25 and SnGs. Otherwise I'd be down a lot. I will take a break of few days - I'll have a lot of school stuff to do so it shouldn't be too hard either - in fact, it'll be relieving and useful!

I might try the rakefree site when I come back. Having paid $800+ of rake in this breakeven session, I just can't help wondering how it would be if I played there all along. Anyway, I think my play has some glitches - it has to... I've been going down so badly at times and although most of the big pots I lose are due to suckout or some semi-inescapable flush over flush/set over set situations, I think the smaller pots have to add up... Something about my continuation bets might suck, maybe those are a losing play, maybe I don't think enough on how to use those, what to represent etc. I have been paying more attention to position though which should be a good thing.

I hope the refreshing break will do miracles. When I come back, I will probably either grind out NL25, trying to really make a difference there or play PLO which has been very good for me in the past. I should also get Omaha Tracker, but I might get it when I hit $2k (which might actually be never).

It's not all negativeness though, I've sold over $150 of my Stars money to friends in need and also purchased something for $55 or so, so it hasn't been complitely in vain in the past months. Live games also earned me a pretty penny - I hope I can keep it up on those. I assume my next session will be after I finish the web programming coursework, which shouldn't be in a few days, so this might be quiet place reportwise.

Cheers. \o/

[Update] After extensive conversations with more and less successful players, I concluded that my postflop play is too loose. That means the problem is not the draw-pushing, but rather overplaying more marginal hands. I have to work on this when I come back from my "vacation". I will play NL25 as practice until like $1000 again, that should be a few days if it goes nicely and a bit more if it doesn't. But I have to be able to beat NL25, no matter how frustrating it feels to play there again.

Also spent 5 minutes on making a "logo" for the blog. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home