Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

For the Love of GOD

Boya. I had some baddish sessions last week - I haven't really gotten into playing this week yet, but the little I played, I got like a bit over buy-in from a short NL25 session. I think I will now play NL25 for 6 more buy-ins, then play NL50 for 30 buy-ins (to prove myself I can win consistently god dammit). I will play shorter sessions when it seems I'm losing - having a good start for a session has a good impact on the mentality and having frustrating beginning can be a harbinger of doom in these things - it might mean I play a little worse until I lose the next big pot and it just goes down and down and down and down. But we'll see how this'll work out. Last time after making it out of a 2.5 buy-in hole at NL50, I just "knew" that if I kept on playing any longer, I'd take that huge losing session. Well within next 10 minutes, I got 3 sets, of which all got cracked.

But anyway, I feel comfortable with my game and despite the losing sessions, I know I was playing bad, I just didn't stop the session for the day. I guess I'm a bit of a gambling addict - so to fix this, if I feel I might be playing bad for some reason, I'll just quit playing for a while, maybe for a day.

There's nothing special to report I guess, I think I might mix in some small stake O8 cashgames as well as a) those have small variance, b) I'm a fucking hi/lo split god and c) the players are probably worst there are online - maybe with the exception of hi/lo stud.

To not make it all sound like whiney whiney bitchy bitchy, here's a quite sickish flop hand I won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home