Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Improvements...

I've recently improved my game a lot. And by a lot I mean HUGE. Just greeeeat. My cashgames are improving and my MTTs are improving. I've only had minor cashes this far (one 6th in $11 Pot Limit Hold'em MTT), but I'm certain that I will make at least enough for the challenge before the end of the month... or die trying. Cash games, I've been running 15 PTBB/100 for 8k hands now, half NL50, half NL25 and it's lookin' good. NL50 winrate is around 9 PTBB/100 so it's the NL25 6-max (easiest game in the net) that gave me my huge winrate by running 4k+ hands 22 PTBB/100.

Okay so besides running good in cashgames and bad in tournaments, lemmey get back at why my game started improving again. First off, I did some research with PokerTracker to find out what my most losing hands are and why. After 40k sample, my top 10 biggest losers were all suited 1-gaps. That means I "might've" overplayed them a bit. I calmed down with those and *BOOM* my winrate started improving again. I'm still taking beats plenty and stuff so it's not just a good run (although obviously it's that too). I also overplayed some draws (semi-related to suited 1-gaps) and that was a huge leak for me. Some hands that weren't performing so well were something like QTo QJo, perhaps QJs. I've tried to be overly aggressive perhaps.

On complitely related sidenote, I also get LAG rating from PT now that I've been playing and I like it. I feel a bit loony at times for a reason, but I've also learned playing THE NUTS aggressively. Besides turning into a loonie, Sklansky's NL book seems to be quite good. It opened my eyes for some of the bigger betting styles. Also reading High Stakes Forum at 2+2 has helped great deal.

And for MTTs, I'm reading through the anthology of the 2+2 MTT wisdom and that has improved my game (all fronts) by huge leaps. And it feels good to know and notice you're improving.

Anyway, I've build back most of my NL100 losses now and I will grind it out to $2000+ and this time I won't take stabs. Been hammered too many times when I did that - this time I won't do it since it just screws me over... :[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home