Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Into the Underdark




Why do the pushin' when the donkey will do the pullin'
-Layne "Back-to-back" Flack



I broke all my cardinal rules yesterday by playing dead tired after 26 hours up straight. I didn't lose that much, but I'm going to take today off from playing. I'm thinking of writing an article on arbitrary subject later today and posting it either here or Pathological Case (or both). I will do it mostly to get my ideas straight, probably post it to some forums too to get some feedback.

I know the biggest problems for me are still quitting when the pokerfairy is shoving his big black fist up my ever so bleeding anus. Chip Reese said in the quite fresh episode of CardPlayer.com's The Circuit that you the best advice he can give is to not play long sessions while you're losing. I guess that's when it occured to me that my longest sessions are always those I lose the most in. Mmmm... I guess result orientation pokes me in the eye and disturbs my views on the game and I'm off to a 1000 mph vertical dive into deep dark oblivion.

I will try to keep my eye more on this - like if I'm not making results after 2 hours, I should just quit before the frustration really settles in and pick my fight to be on the next day. Otherwise I'll end up pulling a bluff outta my ass on the wrong time. Although I think that was pretty well done bluff (and on turn, semi-bluff), I shouldn't have been in there in the first place.

I looked through the biggest losses for the day and like 80-90% of them were just big bluffs. Surprise, surprise. Like a friend of mine said "Muhweli's bluffing in the Special Olympics" - which is quite much what happened here. I managed to spew half a stack with 66 on 432 board against preflop raiser, turn was a 9 and on the river 4, the guy made an all-in reraise. I'm guessing he had either an overpair, 99 or A5. Overpair being the most likely one in my opinion as I had no other read on the guy.

Blibberblabber, yitter yatter, and ooga booga, tomorrow is a new day, today I'll do all kind of actually useful stuff. My Hand Reviewer is coming along fairly well and I think I'll have a beta version up for testing in a couple of weeks. So if you're interested in being a part of that, you can E-mail me at muhweli@gmail.com.

Cheers! <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home