Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Monday, November 20, 2006

Back on track

Break did me good, I played a LOT better today than last week and probably even the week before (When I had big up). I played 1400 hands (Thanks PokerStars for the fast tables - I can almost double my hands / hour). Also helps with not getting bored. Well, I was up around 4 buy-ins at my highpoint, but ended the session around +$135.30. I must start open folding QQ+ ;D Those hands just seem to piss on my face most of the time. With the recent research I made, of the hands that go to showdown AND lose, all the big pairs are in that category - although they probably should be.

Anyway, good session behind, more TAGgy than usual and I'll try to put weight on playing something like 20/15. I've also been paying attention to my aggression on each street. I've tuned down my reckless flop aggression towards tight-aggressive and increased my turn and especially river aggression a bit. I also increased my pf reraising range against certain types of opponents a bit, but I do this a lot by feel. Today it didn't work out all that well since all 40/20 doods seemed to have QQ+, but overall I think my "experiement" ended around even if not positive. Plus it helped me create an image. I did get hit a few times by some funky two pair against my overpair and I did a couple of bad squeezes too.

I'm not sure of one of the plays, but basically it went down like this. MP raised (6-handed) to 4 BB, Button called and I called from BB with TT (I probably woulda reraised from button but, heh). Flop came down 664 rainbow. I check my option, planning on checkraising. So I check, the preflop aggressor bets $3 into pot of $6, perfect. The Button calls (he's been fairly solid, but I don't really know what his range could be here - probably a pair of sorts or AQ type of hand). I decide to make my move and I make it $12 ($9 more into pot of $21). The initial raiser folds, BUT the button pushes all-in for $50. Dear lord. This lead me to believe he either had a 6x or 44. I guess biiiig pocket pair coulda been there too but I doubt he'd make this with 99-. If he did it with that or overcards, all the more power to him.

It just struck me as a bit weird, but I just folded it. There were some bad plays I did early in the session. Turns out that whenever I decide to make that monthly 3-barrel bluff, I'm against the nuts. I thought I could make him fold top pair, but instead he had top boat. I bet flop and turn and got raised on the river and I called his hand exactly (KK on K44xx board), even though he didn't reraise me preflop and he showed it and made me feel good about myself. Still, it probably was silly and I don't do that stuff more.

As for todays session, I played around 20/13/3 game, with 4/2/2 street stats. Went to SD 24.78% (This has significantly gone to better direction - it could still go down a bit), won at showdown: 52.38%. Won $ when saw flop: 38.35%.

I feel good for getting back on track and I'm currently playing some semi-turbo $11 MTT with friends, but knowing my typical luck at these things, I'll get two-outed around bubble (or FT bubble at latest). That's about it for now! ^^

And here's a cool game that has been ruining my good night sleep lately. I present to you THE FUNNY FARM!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home