Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Friday, November 24, 2006

Memento Mori

Well it was fun while it last. I played a solid session of NL100 today and it went a bit worse than I expected, considering that I think I was playing good. Reminds me of my mortality. I will move down to grind some NL50. I think I will rebuild to $2.5k before trying again. The limit is cursed. I'm sure of this. I even lost 370€ in livegames playing it - and I was always 70-30 fav. or better going in.

Anyway, here's a graph of today's adventure.


The beginning of it is yesterday. I'd imagine you could guess where today begins. "Shoulda quit when I got back to +-0". Well, what can I say - I got outplayed hardcore. I picked some hands to show. An interesting fact is that I didn't stack anyone today for $100 stack but I did win a couple of consequent small stack doodes. So here's a picture of the stats for different types of hands for today. I think it's all pretty standard, give opinions:


Aight. Sweet god. I took the liberty of adding in some of the cream of the day to demonstrate how well these guys were actually playing.

Early in the session. This one was a treat. It's how the downspiral of cooler and bad beat hell began.

This came soon after. The villain was 48/15/1.6 ba-donk-a-tonk. I dunno if I should get rid of this - his went to showdown was 56% (200+ hand sample), won at showdown 50% (yay for running hot). Well, what a perfect way to kick off the session. These two first hands can be seen on the graph as a huge downfall.

This was amongst the last hands for today. I think he played it perfectly. Yay. And I think my push was brilliant as many people interpret that as a draw. The guy went "lol, I thought I lost when Q hit on turn". IDIOT! THAT Q SAVED YOU. Well either way. Nice hand, sir.

How do you spell a cooler. I had two three of a kinds - aka sets today. I did flop a boat once and I think that even held up. Either way, I didn't need a COOLER since I never was running HOT. Son of a god damn bitch. And no, I'm not folding that. EVER! Not filling up ever either.

This one was my fault. Was going for a checkraise. Good thing he felt that this time his normal aggression was uncalled for and he decided to check. Even better, the flushguy was smart enough to not raise at any point.

I'm going to start limping that hand too. I think I was a bit frustrated or so, calling that down as he could've easily had a sooted connector with a 5. But he didn't make it too expensive. :[ I guess this is the kinda hand I shouldn't have played to the felt.

This was just too funny. There's not much to the hand itself, but I couldn't see two players calling with non-paired A-rag or anything that I have beat. Well I was right - other one called two streets with queen high - I wonder what he was hoping to hit.

Ain't that about the best river there is? Aye. Well at least I didn't call it.

Again, my fault. This guy was 45/15/3, so I didn't exactly give him much credit there. He also almost always bluffed the river. Too bad it wasn't correct this time - I actually planned on CRing the turn, but was fine showing it down cheaply. River I check because I want him to bluff.

A hand I actually won. The river in this one was debateable and after some consideration, checking there and planning to call a reasonable bet is better than pushing all-in. By river, I had him on AJ/QQ type of hand and didn't think he could put me on a K unless I held KJ specifically. It was a bit too fancy and he probably puts me on 2 pair+ when I push. Checking might induce him to bluff anyway.

Great, awesome, super! This one was against the biggest fish at the table at that time. Ultraclub is a 64/7.14/0.56 guy. Went to showdown 36%, won at sd 50% (WTF!!?!?). Also his river aggression is infinite, so he could be raising a large amount of stuff here, even if it's not a bluff, his range still has a lot that I beat. A well.

This one was just weird. Well, he did float me, then bluff the river but wtf was he floating me for on that board. There's no way he thought he was good there, right?

This was officially my last hand of NL100 for the time being. And yes, I agree, I overplayed it by a big bunch. It was more frustration and tilt than clear judgement. I'm still not 100% sure how to play it, but I think folding to the flop CR would be the way to go. If I call and hit the trips on turn like I would've in this one - I still go broke. But yea, this was attrocious, horrible, ugly and I hope I never do anything like this, ever again.

Here's one more screenshot of my entire NL100 stab. I guess being down 4 buy-ins over 2200 hands is very standard cold streak, but why the fuck does it have to hit when I'm trying to move up - it's just ridiculous. And it's not like it's the first time or anything:


My goal for the year wasn't just to get there and fall back down, it's to be able to maintain a roll there. Basically I'm thinking of having over 30bi before I consider the goal achieved.

As a conclusion, I will be taking weekend off from playing. I'm a bit disappointed right now, I will move down, rebuild, restart, and try again. On the bright side, I'm a bit less than $500 away from having 20bi again, although time has taught that that's not enough. $2.5k here I come!

Yo! Poker is fun, fo everyone!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home