Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Friday, December 15, 2006

Against the wind!



"I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rock it
to the bang bang boogie, say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat"
-Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight

Boyaya. Alrighty so since my last dive in the 100nl games, I've bounced back and triumphed. I've recovered almost all of the that was done to my bankroll by the series of unfortunate events. I've 'dug holes' and 'brushed roasts' and in the end, most of my sessions have been positive! Of course with the exception of today (That almost always inspires me to write). I played pretty well throughout, but I have no doubt in my mind that without doing a couple of big mistakes I couldn't have came out on top of this session too. It affected my global winrate a bit too, since for the last 11k hands I've been doin' around 7-8 PTBB/100. Today I played 2k hands and ended down around a buy-in. Flopped top two against a set twice for stacks, got 2-4 outed so many times - but I did make some hands too and managed to get paid off.

The real problem was the few hands I overplayed. I managed to go broke against AT in a reraised pot on J87-9 board with Kings, went broke for $30 with AQ to QTx board against QT etc. Besides a few slips, I played pretty solid overall, but towards the end I started playing weaker and decided it was time to quit. Anyway, over last 13k hands, I've shown a profit of $700 and my roll is hovarin' a bit below $2k (only reason why it ain't above is that somewhere along the way I did some short-stacking at 100nl and my relationship with the limit is known to everyone anyway). I intend to pull at least another $600 before moving up again I guess. One plan was to get to $2k with Stars roll, having $600 stored, waiting for that Stars christmas bonus (THERE HAS TO BE ONE! IT'S CHRISTMAS FFS!).

Oh and here's a bright moment of mine.

Things are looking good and I'm feeling confident about my game. And of course thanks to my little sister who made the awesome art in the beginning of the post!

Nothing more at this time, cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home