Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thriving for NL1000 by the End of 2007

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Things are going by so quickly...

I'm just here to bring in a short status update. Basically, I'm owning it up like crazy. My winrate isn't huge - I'm not running particularly hot, but I'm doing fine. I've had some worse sessions (most of the positive) and some better ones and I have 7.05 PTBB/100 over 10k hands now in 100nl.

I cleared the party bonii and I've effectively skyrocketed my roll over $5k limit. Fucking A! So I'm now taking some 2-table shots at 200nl while grinding 100nl as my main game. I intend to start trying to move fo real after I hit $6k. 200nl is the first waypoint on my way to glory - I intend to establish a solid roll on that level before moving to 2/4. I'll probably get impatient if and when I hit the $10k mark and start taking some shots to 400nl, but for now I can see myself grinding to $20k roll in 1/2 before moving up. Time will tell.

My first 2-table sessions went fine I guess. I did get bad beat in 3 $400+ pots hehe. Fun to push top set on turn and get raped by a flushdraw etc, but I didn't take it badly. I played solid, made solid reads and solid plays against correct opponents. I did toss of a stack with AQ to AA on QxxA board, but that's just part of the game. I ended up around $200 which is only one bi, but the session was only 500 hands too so it's over 10 PTBB/100. I had one biggish hand that ended up giving me the deepest stack I've ever had on a table.

It was this one. The middle man in the hand (even though deep stack) was the loosest player in the table and I'm disappointed he didn't call. He might've had a flushdraw or a ten, but seeing how it didn't hit, I would've loved to get my first ~$1k pot. Still, it was $500 and broke the limit of the biggest pot won so far. Awesome.

I'll make some updates occasionally, probably bigger one with some hands once I reach the comfort level on this second new level. I guess my goal is to make the full transition this month. I updated the goal for the starting year to $5/$10 NL, namely NL$1k. While it's realistic, it's not a "goal goal" in the terms that I've had before. I'm not going to sweat blood and tears to get there, but I certainly don't think it's impossible. Even if I'm at 200nl at the end of this year, I'll probably be satisfied (well that's how I feel now, I bet it won't be how I feel in a year).

Perhaps the best thing would be to get to 6 digit numbers by the end of $2007 ;)

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home